The Friends of Wilderness Park are committed to sustaining the ecological integrity of Wilderness Park through education, preservation, and community collaboration.
- Wilderness Park is a place of natural and historical significance worthy of protection and preservation.
- Active ecological care of Wilderness Park is critical to maintaining its biodiversity of flora and fauna.
- Wilderness Park is a sanctuary for all, offering recreational enjoyment and a place of peace and natural beauty.
- Human connection to nature is intrinsic to our physical, emotional, and spiritual health.
The Friends of Wilderness Park will:
- Educate citizens of the unique nature of Wilderness Park including its native, rare, endangered and threatened species.
- Create opportunities for research and learning with local educational institutions pertaining to the park’s biological, recreational, and historical value.
- Advocate for policies that allow for the growth and health of Wilderness Park, through collaboration with citizens, public agencies, and non-profits.
- Facilitate volunteer efforts that maintain ecological integrity and public use.
- Celebrate the Park through recreation, expression, and play.
Video from the Doane Environmental Science Department, featuring some of Lance’s work: https://vimeo.com/151029149